Sunday, October 28, 2018

Day 6 & 7 - $100 Challenge

I'm not really sure what happened on the last two days.  I'm pretty sure it was a free for all and nothing went according to my original plan.  I still have ingredients ready for the meals that I did not prepare.  I thought about home made pizzas along with turkey tetrazini or turkey pot pie.  So, most of the time with a challenge like this....it's not even about the budget, but it's about the TIME.

So, on Thursday night my neighbor across the street delivered two matching hand-me-down desks for the boys.  So nice!  Well, he asked if we are going to the High School's Trunk or Treat and Haunted Hallway event up the street.  He is a teacher at the HS and really talked it up.  The kids got very excited because Halloween is THEIR FAVORITE HOLIDAY and I decided to go for it the next day, without thinking about our schedule.

FRIDAY
So Friday morning was a typical fruit and carb type of morning for them.  They had a nice packed lunch that they've been begging for with mac n cheese as the main course.  They were thrilled.  I got them onto the bus and.....
- Ran home to clean up after breakfast and throw a load of laundry in
- Jump in my car and drive 45 minutes up to a floral wholesaler to pick up and order that I placed for a baptism brunch this weekend
- Drive another 45 minutes back home
- Jump into the shower to head over to the cafeteria volunteering duty for Kindergarten through second grade.  Hug all of my kids (thank goodness they still want hugs in public), deliver napkins, deliver forks, wipe down tables, talk to all the kids about Halloween, wish some a happy birthday, hug a kindergartener who was crying because he missed his mommy.....that one really tugged at my heartstrings.  Those little Kindergarteners are in school for a full day and it's quite an adjustment.
- Oh I checked in with all my kids about their lunches and they were thrilled about the mac n cheese.  HA.  Also, I gave some high fives to their classmates who called out "HI MRS JONES,"
- Left volunteering and ran to Target to look for a pair of boots because we were suddenly dressing up tonight for the trunk or treat.  No boots - ran to Payless.  Bought boots and another pair of dress shoes for Charlotte and church.
- Ran home to grab Alton's ballet clothes and pack a snack for the kids.  Also cut some roses and put them in warm water so they might open up a bit more for variety in the arrangements.
- Left in to sit in car line for the kids and went immediately to ballet.  Gave Alton snack in the car and when he went into class gave B & C snacks as I read some Halloween books to them avoiding the complaining that I forgot to bring their tablets as they sit for an entire hour in the ballet hallway.  Thankfully a mom was knitting and they were fascinated by her as she talked to them about the process.
- HOME AGAIN and I rushed them around to put on their costumes.  Putting costumes on three 7 year olds is much easier than costumes on three 2 year olds, but it's still a pain in the ass.  Charlotte needed some hair-braiding and for me to put tape on her ears to shape them like elf ears along with make-up on the tape.
- Kreg came home just in time and I called for him to jump into the passenger seat.

SOOOOOOO -- Trunk or Treating was great.  The kids were beyond thrilled.  I forgot about dinner and when they came home they were completely full with candy and wanted to eat nothing.  I also did not want to make anything, so we both won (????).

SATURDAY
I don't remember.
Honestly, I think they ate toast in the morning and spaghetti for lunch.  Maybe an apple thrown in there.  I was arranging a ton of flowers and was focused on that.  Everything went off the rails.  Oh - for dinner a friend asked us to come over for a pizza party.  YES!  Usually I bring over a fun app, but I didn't have fun app ingredients in the house.  She got a bottle of wine and a small floral arrangement from leftovers.





No comments:

Post a Comment