Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Day 2 - $100 Challenge

Okay ladies, it's on like Donkey Kong.  After a weak start with the chowder and the gross pancakes all in one day, I felt much better with my Day 2 performance.

One word = QUICHE...or as my kids call it, "egg pie".  I made the crust with 50% butter and 50% crisco which was a first for me and good.  I usually do 100% butter, but that is not flaky enough.  Always do the crust in cuisinart.  EASY.  Fresh broccoli heads were on sale so a broccoli cheddar quiche was a no-brainer.  The kids ate two pieces.

Oh, I also did this "Harvest Hash" mix with Charlotte and her girlfriends after school.  The ingredients costs are rolled in the $100.  The kids have been giving me a hard time about Halloween because I typically do something Halloweeny and fun for food....soooooo.

Lastly, my dining room still has materials in it from a recent floral project that I have NOT fully cleaned up, so I'm trying to use our banquette in the kitchen to sit together as a family.  I went the extra distance and put a table cloth on.  HA.

Here is a summary:

Breakfast = cereal with milk and fruit
Lunch = Ham and cheese sandwhiches, fruit, yogurt in the reusable pouches, carrots & cookies
Snack = Half of a toasted bagel with either butter or jelly in foil
After school treat = Harvest Hash
Dinner = Broccoli and cheddar quiche with grapes and salad



No comments:

Post a Comment