It's wintertime and we're simply not out and about as much as we were a few months ago. I'm not sure, but it's possible that we may not get as many comments in the future as we did when they were so little. That said, I wanted to note the "Top Ten Passerby Comments" that we typically get when all three babies are in tow. I must say, as much as I try to keep to myself, it's always a joy to watch the faces of people light up when they see our giant stroller roll by.
In order of occurrence. Some of these are after engaged in a quick conversation.
10) "That's quite a carriage!" (almost always from a man who is into gear)
9) "oh, HELL no..." (after we walk by usually by from a man or woman slightly younger)
8) "Does it run in your family? (the masked fertility question)
7) "did you see that? ...triplets" (in a whisper after we walk by)
6) "Were you surprised when you found out?" (another masked fertility question?)
5) "Oh my god, are they Triplets?!" (slightly confused and in disbelief)
4) "Look mommy, THREE babies!" (with a little kid pointing and tugging at pant leg)
3) "TRIPLETS!!!" (super excited, approaching us while nudging their counterpart)
2) "Well, YOU'VE got your hands full!"
1) "God bless you."
Monday, January 16, 2012
Well, it's hard to believe that a year has gone by already. We had a little party on Saturday to celebrate the triplet's first year. Here are some pics of Alton, Baxter, & Charlotte eating their very first birthday cake. Mommy & Daddy love you guys and thanks for bringing us so much joy.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
It's hard to believe that almost one year ago our babies were born. What a whirlwind adventure! I've planned many parties in the past, but this one is so very special to Kreg and I. We won't be hosting an epicurean extravaganza (those days are over for now), but I'm finding some bits of time to prepare a small party for our family and close friends. Here are some pics of the invitation and some small craft projects in the works. I'm no Martha, but I'll give it my best "triplet mom try".
Saturday, January 7, 2012
I finally took some time to post one of the few holiday moments we were able to snap a shot of...and what moment could be more special than bright and shiny on Christmas morning? It was magic. We brought the babies downstairs and carried each one to appreciate the lights on the tree one by one. As the sun began to rise, I said "why don't we open a gift?" So here it is, sleepy eyes and all, Alton, Baxter, and Charlotte opening their very first gift from Santa Claus. Merry Christmas!