Saturday, October 20, 2018

$100 Challenge

It's been forever since I've written in here.  Years actually.  Well, I decided that this would be a good place share my $100 Challenge with my girlfriends.  Here's the deal....

A few weekends ago I was away with my college girls and I mentioned that I can feed the family for a week with about $100.  It's something I try to do most of the time, but it's not for the faint of heart.  Well, they did not believe me.  I mentioned that it included packed lunches for the kids.  NO WAY.  PROVE IT.

Gauntlet thrown.

The Rules:  I am allowed to use whatever is already in my cabinets and in the freezer.  That's the key, I stock up often at Sam's club or when there is a good meat buy, so I have some meat in my freezer.  I have to take pictures of every single meal on every single day.  They are prepared for everything to be disgusting...which it may be.

This morning I woke up, looked at my local grocery store flyer, surveyed the kitchen food in storage, and came up with a plan.  I just got home from shopping and spent $83.31.  This is going to be a Sunday to Saturday challenge starting tomorrow morning.  Fingers Crossed.

The Meal Plan (mostly the kids eat eggs or cereal for breakfast, so I am only outlining lunch & dinner)

Sunday
Lunch   = Quesadillas with applesauce
Dinner  = "Breakfast for Dinner" which will be pancakes with yogurt

Monday 
Lunch  = Ham & cheese sandwhiches, pickles, carrots, cucumbers
Dinner = Broccoli and cheese quiche with salad

Tuesday
Lunch  = Corn & potato chowder with cornbread muffins
Dinner = Bean burritos with salad

Wednesday
Lunch  = Pigs in blanket with veggies and yogurt
Dinner = Pork stir fry

Thursday
Lunch  = Pizza Rolls with veggies and apples
Dinner = Roast Chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes

Friday
Lunch = Mac n Cheese with veggies
Dinner = Turkey tetrazini

Saturday
Lunch  = Catch as Catch can (that's what my mom used to say when we were winging it)
Dinner = Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment