Thursday, October 13, 2011

Small Goals

Today I decided that it's okay to have small goals for the day. For example, I have a to-do list that I often add easy tasks that always get done, just so I am SURE something will get checked-off (ie, wash bottles, relax, get dressed)

Here are a few small goals I have for myself:

- Take at least 10 minutes after babies go down for a nap to work around the house, but don't race the clock in a flurry for the full 1.5 - 2 hours ... remember to relax
- You're no June Cleaver, but try to have something Kreg wants to eat ready if he's worked a long day
- Mind your mouth, it's time to stop swearing
- Get on the floor and play with the babies! Sounds like an easy one, but sometimes I need to remind myself when always thinking about the next step (bottles, diapers, food, etc.)
- Get better at one on one time. When the typical needy baby is grooving along, spend time with the one who doesn't always need your help.
- Continue to read to them. Don't get discouraged when they're not interested and remember the times that they loved it.
- Figure out "me time". This does not include the grocery store or checking facebook (duh). I need to find time to do something alone that loved pre-babies.
- When I want to overload on coffee, boil water for herbal tea. No need to be hyper-active.

No comments:

Post a Comment