Friday, March 18, 2011

First Day Back


This past Monday was my first day back in the office. In the morning I happily did my hair and make-up…even wore heels. Lita and my mom cautiously said goodbye to me - as if waiting for some tears... nothing and I ran out the door. The drive in was liberating and everyone was so welcoming in the office. At lunch I hit Kmart to buy Kreg deodorant and stopped by the baby department. There I stood in the middle of the department with tears welling up in my eyes - I quickly pulled it together and headed to check out. As I began to pay for the tube of deodorant, the cashier asked "would you like to donate to the March of Dimes" … it happened. Tears… giant, uncontrollable, slightly pathetic tears poured down my face as I whimpered "Yes, yes I would". I then proceeded to sniffle and slobber on about the babies, their NICU stay, and that they were exactly 2 months that day as this poor cashier stared at me slightly horrified with my change in her hand. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying work once again, but I suppose I'm only human

No comments:

Post a Comment