Friday, May 13, 2011

"Sing...Sing a Song"

"...make it simple, to last the whole day long..."

Well, that's exactly what we do here at the Jones household. It's either my mother or I that are typically singing a little ditty to the trio. That's how the Stimsons roll. If Laura's helping, she will of course serenade them...but it's most surprizing when Kreg or Lita chime in. I've heard that Grammie sings a mean "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", but apparently it stops there. :)

Below are a few of Mommhy & Daddy's favorites:

The "Go-to Lullabies" for the boys...
- "I love you truly (Alton or Baxter) Jones" - sung to the tune of an old sorority song (yes, I said sorority) "I love you truly KKG".
- "Momma's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird" - the problem is I need to learn the lyrics since after "and if that diamond ring don't shine", I end up telling them I'll buy them a porcupine.

The "Mommy and Daddy Are Going Bonkers" Songs...
- "4 to 6 Meltdown" - this is a jazzy little number that daddy starts in at when the fussing begins...guess...yes, at 4pm
- "I've Got Poopy in my Pants" - who dosen't love this classic? "Poopy in my Pants" has been a favorite in the house since the first day when the boys were home from the NICU. Needless to say, there was a lot of poopy in pants.
- "Are You Feeling Milky, My Friend" - Once again, a genius piece composed by Daddy to gear the babies up for another feeding.

There are more, but we'll save them for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment